[games_access] RE: Welcome, Amit

lynnvm at carolina.rr.com lynnvm at carolina.rr.com
Wed Oct 18 20:59:47 EDT 2006

Amit,

I'm a school psychologist who works at a special needs school in N.C.  I am
looking forward to learning more about your work at the Long Island school
and how you adapted software and hardware for game accessibility.

I'm taking an AI for game development class this semester and my team is
incorporating accessibility in our little game project.

Take care!

Lynn Marentette

For more info about me :
<http://interactivemultimediatechnology.blogspot.com/>
InteractiveMultimediaTechnology and  <http://techpsych.blogspot.com/> Tech
Psych  (2 blogs for now, but soon I'll have just one, as I'm putting up a
website)

Hello, thank you for having me on the list. My name is Amit Pitaru, I'm a
game/toy designer and also a part-time educator at New York University. I
also teach art at Cooper Union, and occasionally exhibit my work
(http://pitaru.com <http://pitaru.com/>  and http://insertsilence.com
<http://insertsilence.com/> )

I learned about the SIG while working on a chapter for a book on games that
is commissioned by the MacArthur foundation. The chapter is based on a two
year project with a special-needs school in Long Island, where I devised
hardware and software for gaming accessibility. I hope to tell you more
about it as we chat along.

So again, thank you for having me, I think I finally found a good home-base
to learn and share my thoughts.

Cheerio

Amit Pitaru