[games_access] Deaf Gamers - Important Message

Barrie Ellis barrie.ellis at oneswitch.org.uk
Sat Jun 30 10:29:04 EDT 2007

Via: http://www.deafgamers.com/important.html

Barrie
www.OneSwitch.org.uk

Dear Friends

First of all I'd like to thank everyone for visiting Deaf Gamers over the last seven years. It's been great to receive e-mails from you and learn that you've found the website useful. You may or may not know that Deaf Gamers is simply run as a hobby (an all consuming one at that) and is in no way funded at all. In fact the bill for new consoles and PC hardware has almost always come out of my own pocket. The only exceptions being two AMD CPU's we received from AMD around three years ago now, two graphics cards from Gainward about the same time ago, an ATi Radeon 9800 that was supplied by Hercules also around that time and the original Xbox console, which was very kindly given to us by Microsoft. Most of the bills have been funded by me and my family.

Lets get to the nitty-gritty of this message. First of all I do want to keep Deaf Gamers running but it's becoming financially impossible. I don't want to charge for using the website. I feel to do that would deter people from using the website. Instead I've setup a facility (you'll notice the PayPal button on the front page and to the right) to allow those who wish to see Deaf Gamers continue to donate as little or as much as you want to help us purchase future consoles, PC hardware etc. If you can't afford to donate anything then still feel free to continue to use the website. However, you should be aware that Deaf Gamers cannot continue to run on fresh air and is likely to close in 2007 if support isn't found. If everyone donated just a £1 it would help significantly. It would allow us to continue to review future PC software, which is important to us given that the website was originally created to review PC software. I've always wanted to have signed/captioned video reviews but at present that's something that's just impossible because of financial limitations.

Finally I'd like to say thank you for reading this message and for visiting Deaf Gamers.
Click here to see how our PlayStation 3 fund is progressing.