[games_access] E for All planning

Eelke Folmer eelke.folmer at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 19:02:08 EDT 2007

Hi Michelle,

> Eelke -- could you put up a list of what accessibility equipment you
> are able to bring? I'll then look it over so that I can try and
> figure out what I have that you don't and then we can talk about what
> we will actually bring (we probably want to have enough with us to
> mix things up so that there's something new a couple times a day).

Okay here some of my equipment:
- quad controller
- one handed controller
- split controller
- I can bring a ps2/ps3/xbox360/wii (though i prefer not to bring the
360/ps3 because of the weight).

cheers Eelke

> I know Eitan is having a tough time posting to the wiki -- Eitan --
> just email me with info you want to add.
>
> So one quick thing via email -- Can ANYONE quickly design a flier
> with the SIG info and such or even just get it started with a nice
> looking template? If I don't hear from anyone about this by
> Wednesday, I'll need to do it myself (ie, it won't be great but it
> will have to do) and get it to the printer ASAP.
>
> In the meantime I'm doing a conference call tomorrow with the "what
> we MUST know about our booth at E for All" at the 11th hour...this
> will finally tell us about the set up of the booth plus how I should
> best create the booth signage. As soon as I can (I teach tomorrow so
> it won't be right away) I'll put it on the wiki and ping the list.
>
> As for coverage for the booth, I will post an initial shift schedule.
> There is no need for everyone to be there at every minute (booth
> isn't big enough anyway and it would trash our being able to
> network). We have Eitan plus 3 others from MIT, 6 of my students from
> UIUC, Eelke, Reid, and I who will be there. So that's 13 of us
> available, although some will only be there for 1 or 2 days.
>
> I'll put this on the wiki but I also wanted to note these things to the list.
>
> Michelle
>
> >Hi everyone,
> >
> >What's the status of our planning for E for All? We have a little more
> >than 2 weeks to get organized. Please update relevant info here:
> >http://www.igda.org/wiki/GASIG_E_for_All_2007
> >
> >Unfortunately, this is going to be a rough month for me at work and I
> >won't have time to do any preparation for E for All. I'll be able to
> >show up Saturday morning and help with whatever and hopefully show off
> >Doom3[CC] until I leave Sunday afternoon.
> >
> >-Reid

Eelke Folmer                           Assistant Professor
Department of CS&E/171
University of Nevada              Reno, Nevada 89557
Game interaction design        www.helpyouplay.com