[games_access] Gamasutra Game Audio Article (which is useful for game audio accessibility)

AudioGames.net richard at audiogames.net
Wed Jan 23 18:52:45 EST 2008

Hi,

Today Gamasutra.com has published an article that we (Sander and Richard) wrote as part of our PhD study of game audio. It is titled "IEZA: A Framework For Game Audio" and in it we present a structure for sound in games:

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/3509/ieza_a_framework_for_game_audio.php

This article covers 'structure' of game audio, and not yet 'functions' or 'performance' of game audio (which will be other articles and our theses). I believe the framework is very useful for discussing game audio accessibility solutions, because I think the framework shows the scope of what game audio accessibility should cover. I also think that it is a good idea to think about possible different solutions for the different categories of the framework.

Greets,

Richard