[games_access] Game Accessibility articles in Hebrew

d. michelle hinn hinn at uiuc.edu
Sun Jul 27 05:58:15 EDT 2008

Yes, I doubt that the magazine meant anything bad by it -- it's also
freely available from their website (can't quite tell if they are a
gaming magazine or a general news magazine or what). Mainly I just
want to be sure that if it is a mirror image that proper credit is
given that feels fair to Richard.

Richard is the one to answer the GA.com questions -- originally there
was talk of having it under the SIGs control so that we had a decent
website and could carry the project on.

On the GASIG site news...I'm beta testing the new IGDA stuff -- can
you believe it? FINALLY this new system will be up and running.
Thanks to Mark's generosity we own GASIG.com so we can have that
redirected to the IGDA SIG site -- whatever we decide to do.
Personally I think it would be great if we had the SIG site be a
little GA.com, a little IGDA, and a lot of us! We're mainly after the
developers. Sites like yours (Barrie) and Mark's (not to exclude
anyone like D Gamer or any other sites -- just making a quick point
here) is that they reach the consumers, which is the side that we
also need to court since these are the potential gamers that we are
trying to get the game companies to include! So I'm glad that there
are a few excellent consumer aimed community sites out there as SIG
partners!!

Anyone interested in helping me move content over and beta test the
new IGDA web tech? It can do a LOT and a lot of stuff we may or may
not need. One thing I'm not happy about is that there is talk of
having everyone on this list resubscribe to the new list on the new
system (don't worry -- it's not yet operational). A lot of other SIG
chairs have raised some h*** about it so hopefully they will not make
this a big pain in our behinds. And because we WANT everyone to
access our work, were one of the few SIGs that will have no barriers
to access (as long as people sign up for the free access then they
can access everything we have). Other SIGs operate in other ways and
thus want to have people pay access fees for their reports and such.
We're not there yet!! We want to give this info away!! But we also
want corporate sponsors to help keep it free -- I'm working on it! :)

In other related news, the GA SIG and other diversity SIGs are going
to be working on a slick brochure to give out at GDC and the like --
perhaps even paying to put them in the registration bags and such!
There are about 4 Diversity SIGs and if we pool our resources, we can
all benefit!

Right now? I'm finishing the GDC proposals -- this year's deadline
came up SUPER early but thank goodness we have 5 year's worth of
proposals to reword, etc. :)

Michelle