[games_access] Game Example: Game adapt for elder people

Sandra Uhling sandra_uhling at web.de
Thu Jul 31 04:16:01 EDT 2008

Hello,

may be Dancetown is a good game example for your whitepaper ?

What is Dancetown ?
Touchtown built a special Machine Dance (DDR) Game for elder people.
They made a "senior friendly visual design"  use "senior friendly music" and
they made very very easy difficult levels.
For safety they added a sturdy 3 sided railings to the dance plattform.
Slide: http://www.slideshare.net/jpepper/gray-gamers-meet-rhythm-games
Website: www.dancetown.us

Why is this a good example, although it is not very much accessible ?
(To make it accessible to elder people there need some more things to be done).

I play machine dance myself and never thought that also elder people can play this game.
Normally machine dance games are the example for games that are not accessible for mobility impaired people.
This is a good example that we have to change or point of view.

What do you think ?

Hand Controlelr for machine dance (DDR):
http://www.exergamefitness.com/hand_dance_pro.htm
Does someone has experience with this controller ?

Regards,
Sandra