[games_access] Top ten ways to get mainstream game accessibility - according to visually impaired gamers ; )

Sandra Uhling sandra_uhling at web.de
Mon Aug 17 14:51:19 EDT 2009

Hi Richard,

I would like to understand it a little bit more:

> 8. Picket mainstream game company headquarters with Braille signs saying that they are discriminating to the blind.
What are Braille signs? I know what a Braille is, but what is a braille sign and what it meant here?

> 7. Have every blind person in the world learn computer programming and require them to debug a line of game code before they can
> read an audio book.

This I also do not understand. "read an audio book": this should be easy, because you can listen to it?

> 5. Get all colleges to add a class of Accessible game development to all computer programming courses.
I would also add that every class on game design, web design, software design should have accessibility as most important part.
And I would like to have a rating for professional programming books!
E.g. HTML, PHP, CSS: all codes should have to be valid and accessible!
(It sucks that most of the books do not even have validate HTML and CSS codes)

> 4. Get the NFB and ACB to protest that there are not enough mainstream game accessibility.
What is the NFB and ACB ?

> 3. Petition Stevie Wonder to be the spokesperson for mainstream game accessibility.
Who is Stevie Wonder?

> 2. Get all blind people to send a dollar to Thomas Ward so he can finish his accessible game engine.
Who is Thomas Ward?

Best regards,
Sandra