[games_access] Top 25 Web Sites for Gamers who are Blind

John Bannick jbannick at 7128.com
Sat Feb 21 13:18:13 EST 2009

Reid,

Indeed, the Nancy Drew games have subtitles rather than closed captioning.
I mistook the black background and white font for real CC.

That being said, Deaf Gamers says about Secret of the Old Clock: "This
game is entirely deaf-friendly, since all sounds and conversations are
subtitled."

I don't have that game; so I can't personally confirm that they include
sounds in their subtitles for that game.

I just reran one of their latest games and it had good subtitles, though
no sounds are spelled out, that I can find.

So I modified the Her Interactive entry on our Top Web Sites list to
indicate the correct term, Subtitles.

Thanks for keeping us honest.

Any more issues, please do let me know. It really helps.

John