[games_access] Michelle is back

d. michelle hinn hinn at uiuc.edu
Sun Jan 11 19:07:34 EST 2009

Operation went fine -- the pneumonia is the most annoying part
though! I guess surgery in the dead of winter is not the best
time...what can you do?

I'm caught up on the list -- not too much activity -- you've been in
self-imposed exile for quite a while! ;) Welcome back though!! Agreed
some good finds.

I'll be needing some help getting the annual GDC stuff together --
fliers, etc. We're looking for funding for all of this and it sounds
like everything is falling through so it might be some out of pocket
expense, which I have none to speak of. So if anyone has some REALLY
solid leads on funding for things, let me know. We have absolutely no
money to speak of and some very critical need. It would have been
nice to buy a pass or two for a few extra to go to GDC but that's WAY
out the window.

We basically have one SIG talk (anyone else giving another talk? We
will include it on the flier!), which is on the top ten/basic 101
stuff (they nixed all successful sessions including a follow up to
last years REALLY well received Accessibility Arcade -- next year
we'll have to look into buying that session with sponsor money if we
can get any). So I'm imagining a two sized half sheet flier with the
top ten or some variation of our past flier and then the session info
in bold on the other side. I'm thinking black text on a light
background this year -- the white on black was hard to read last
year. No one's fault -- just wasn't as eye catching and the print
didn't stand out when it wasn't printed in the red as it had been in
Brighton.

Michelle