[games_access] graduate course in game interaction design

Eelke Folmer eelke.folmer at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 18:20:58 EST 2009

Hi,

I'm teaching a graduate seminar this semester on game interaction
design. One of student projects involves developing an accessible
interface for a game which has the following requirements:

- The accessible interface must allow either for one switch input or
allow visually impaired to play the game.
- The chosen game must be an open source game (so students can
concentrate on modifying the interaction)
- The game must be for a game genre that does not have an accessible
version yet.
- The project must be 4-6 weeks of effort for 2-4 people.

Though students are free to select any game I'm kind of providing them
with a list of suggestions:

-  Slam Soccer: (soccer game) http://sourceforge.net/projects/slamsoccer
-  Dark Oberon (RTS) http://dark-oberon.sourceforge.net/
-  Flight Gear (Flight simulator) http://flightgear.sourceforge.net/

To my best knowledge these game genres do not have accessible versions
available. If you have any suggestions or recommendations for other
games please let me know.

Thanks Eelke

--
Eelke Folmer