[games_access] Gameplay, no dead, prince of persia

Reid Kimball rkimball at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 13:53:18 EDT 2009

I have played PoP (2008). It's the same thing as death, but covered up
with a short cinematic showing you being "saved" at the last second
and restarting very close to where you were.

When you fall/die after 10 - 15 button presses into a platform jumping
sequence, it will set you back to the beginning, which is annoying.
Overall it works well because there are many more check points and
when you restart, you don't have to replay as much as you would in
most games.

Now, if you couldn't solve a platform jumping puzzle or boss fight,
you'd still be stuck. The "no death" is a clever way to restart the
player much closer to where they failed so they can try again
instantly.

-Reid