[games_access] Half-Life 2 and Closed-Captioning

Sandra Uhling sandra_uhling at web.de
Mon Aug 30 13:19:16 EDT 2010

Hi,

I am wondering what deaf gamers would say about the quality of [CC] in
Half-Life2.
Maybe say do not say much, because they are glad, they have [CC]?

I think that the quality could be better. Sometimes [CC] is missing and
sometimes it is too much. It is great that Out-of-Screen-Sound is also
presented,
but it is usually hard to locate it.

And it is very very difficult to keep track of the Story. It is not a scene,
it is in-gameplay,
so it is very difficult to change the focus from gameplay to [CC]. The
situation is usually
dangerous and you do not want to change your focus and so you miss lots of
[CC].

A break button would be very good.

English as spoken voice and German as [CC] is very confusing. The
information often does not match.
Also I have big problems to get back to German spoken voice.

Best regards,
Sandra