[games_access] Why Apple's Tablet Will Include Gaming

Mark Barlet mark at ablegamers.com
Fri Jan 22 09:17:36 EST 2010

Um, I am guessing that both you have not played with the latest iPhone?

The 3Gs as it is called here in the States is a HUGE improvement over the
prior model, with low-vision (high contrast), zoom mode, t2s, and many more
really cool thing. There are countless sites that have accessibility
breakdowns on the iPhone. Also Apple has loads of docs if you are part of
the dev community on how to use the new features.

As for the rest of this, total speculation because the new device (if there
is one) may be a beefed-up iPhone OS, or a mac OS. We will have to wait and
see. I suspect it will be a iphone os, and if that is the case it should get
all of the great features already found in the latest Iphone.

Coincidentally, AbleGamers went live with a story on this very subject this
morning... starting to think that my inbox is being hacked (kidding).

http://www.ablegamers.com/hardware-news/tablet-gaming-a-nightmare-for-the-motor-impaired.html

Go and have a read and enjoy.

Mark

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 5:51 AM, Javier <javier.mairena at gmail.com> wrote:

> yes, but that i wanted to say is that a screenreader only give you access
> to the system interface, not the game. Unless the game is a form game.
>

> 2010/1/22 Sandra Uhling <sandra_uhling at web.de>
>
>> Hi Javier,
>>
>> but I think it will be easiert for developer.
>> For Windows they have to buy and install for example JAWs.
>>
>> And I have the feeling that apple cares for accessibility.
>> I heard they have an own group that focus on it.
>> And they have support from the community.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Sandra

Mark C. Barlet
Editor-in-Chief