[games_access] New Forum topic, Website

Tara Tefertiller ttefertiller at igda-gasig.org
Wed Feb 23 10:12:08 EST 2011

Good morning everyone,

Firstly I wanted to apologize for being absent for a while. I had been busy
with the work, wedding planning, and getting ready for GDC.It's a busy time!

So, on that note-
*
1) Forums:* We have a new forum topic - What Topic would you
like?<http://gameaccesssig.forumotion.com/t11-febuary-27th-2011-what-topics-would-you-like-to-see#65>

During our last monthly meeting, we had asked what people would like to talk
about in the forums. There seemed to be a lot of ideas. and after talking
about it, we thought the best idea to continue this discussion was in the
forums.

So, let's hear them. What matters to you? What would you like to discuss or
would like to receive more information on? Please post the topic that you
would like to discuss or that matters to you. Let's get the discussion
started!

*2) Website Update:* I had mentioned this before, but have yet to get
started. Just know that it's going to be happening soon so be prepared to
see come overlap in information and pages out of order as I upload the new
information while taking down the old. Additionally, we have a new section
on the site. We have a page for our work with Global Game Jam. More
information on this will be posted up later.

*3) February Monthly meeting:* Originally I had wanted to get another Skype
meeting in before GDC, but considering I'm flying out this Sunday I feel
like this isn't going to happen. Because of this, our SIG round table at GDC
is also going to double as our February meeting. Also- I would love for
someone to volunteer taking notes/video/recording that can be posted on the
website so those who are unable to attend can still read it.

*4) Newsletter Article Deadline: **The deadline is this Friday.* If you
submitted an idea, your final article is due then. I'm hoping to see some
contributions from us!

Looking forward to seeing some of you at GDC!

--
Tara Tefertiller - Chairperson
IGDA Game Accessibility SIG

igda-gasig.org