[games_access] Websites Print and accessible theme

Sandra Uhling sandra_uhling at web.de
Sun May 8 06:09:37 EDT 2011

Hi,

I hope this is ok. I know web accessibility is not our topic.
But lots of use provide information on websites.
Unfortunately when you print it, the links are often lost.

Special Barries links I do miss a lot when I want to print
or want to save a page as pdf.

Here is what I use in my wordpress. I choosed to use a class.
So I can always decide which link is printed.

header:
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="print" href="<?php
bloginfo('stylesheet_directory'); ?>/print.css" />

print.css
@media print {
	body a:link.print:after, body a:visited.print:after {
	content: " (" attr(href)") ";
	font-weight: normal;
	font-size: 80%;
	}
}

@Barrie: maybe you need to set the color of the link to black?
When I want to "print" your pages it is yellow on white.

Accessible Theme for Wordpress:
http://accessible.sprungmarker.de/2011/04/accessible-five/

download: http://www.twentytenfive.com/
Put it in your theme folder,
Rename it to TwentyTenFive (when necessary)

Download:
http://accessible.sprungmarker.de/wp-content/uploads/themes/accessible-five.
zip
Put it in the theme folder,

Go to the backend -> Appearance -> Themes
Activate: Accessible Five 1.0 by Sylvia Egger
Note: this is a child-theme for TwentyTenFive
It will only work, when this theme works.

And then change the theme like you want:
Header, print (see above), ...

I asked Sylvia if she can add the print function.
That would be great.

Best regards,
Sandra