[games_access] G4TV.COM Features AbleGamers, Helps Raise Awareness for Cause

Steve Spohn steve at ablegamers.com
Tue Jun 26 19:12:25 EDT 2012

**

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Contact: Steve Spohn

press at ablegamers.org

(703) 891-9017 ext:102

G4TV.COM <http://g4tv.com/> Features AbleGamers, Helps Raise Awareness for
Cause

Harpers Ferry, WV –June 26, 2012– The AbleGamers Foundation is proud to
announce its partnership with
G4TV.COM<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=85613693&msgid=1051573&act=HWN4&c=369830&destination=http%3A%2F%2FG4TV.COM>
bring awareness to the accessible gaming movement and shine the spotlight
on disabled gamers. Starting Monday at
www.g4tv.com/ablegamers<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=85613693&msgid=1051573&act=HWN4&c=369830&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.g4tv.com%2Fablegamers>,
G4TV is running an entire week’s worth of articles that highlight the
disabled community, the mission of making games more accessible, and how
AbleGamers works with a wide range of organizations to enable aspirational
gamers despite their disabilities.

For many people in the disabled community, video games can be a window into
a world that is otherwise largely inaccessible. Every day, the number of
people with a disability climbs higher across the globe and a large number
of them could benefit from playing video games.

“I can’t express how happy we are to see G4 supporting disabled gamers,”
said Mark Barlet, President of the AbleGamers Foundation . “It was a
pleasure to share our stories of how video games change the lives of those
with disabilities. I’ve seen mothers on the verge of tears when we were
able to help their baby play, children smile when playing for the first
time, adults learning to play again or finding new ways to game, and it
really makes you feel good to help bring a little more joy to the world one
person at a time.”

“It's all about options,” said Steve Spohn, Editor-In-Chief of AbleGamers.
“We hope by sharing some of our most heartfelt moments with G4 that we can
express how gamers in the disabled community simply want options that allow
us to play today's hottest games with our friends and family just like
everyone else.”

“AbleGamers demonstrate a kind of passion and devotion to gaming that would
make anyone who has ever played proud,” said Rob Manuel, Senior Features
Editor at G4TV.COM <http://g4tv.com/>. “The aid we’ve received from them in
telling their stories has been nothing less than inspirational, and
hopefully, we've conveyed to our readers that everyone deserves the
opportunity to be a gamer.”

G4TV.COM <http://g4tv.com/>’s extensive coverage of the AbleGamers
Foundation starts today, Monday, June 25, 2012  at
www.g4tv.com/ablegamers<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=85613693&msgid=1051573&act=HWN4&c=369830&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.g4tv.com%2Fablegamers>,
and includes some of the deepest moments for the organization, as well as
the struggles and triumphs of the disabled community. The AbleGamers
Foundation truly believes there should be no barriers to fun.

*About The AbleGamers Foundation*

The AbleGamers Foundation is a 501(c)(3) public charity that runs
AbleGamers.com, which provides news and reviews on the accessibility of
mainstream video game titles, as well as consultation on assistive
technology.  As an alternative to Serious Gaming, mainstream video games
supply many disabled individuals and veterans with rehabilitation as well
as social stimulation in situations where they may be otherwise shut out of
society's idea of normal everyday life.

###

For more information about this topic, the AbleGamers Foundation,
AbleGamers.com, or to schedule an interview call (703) 891-9017 ext:102  or
email press at AbleGamers.com.

--
Steve Spohn
Editor-In-Chief