[games_access] games_access Digest, Vol 98, Issue 18

Ian Hamilton i_h at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 17 10:44:11 EDT 2012

It will spread, but you're absolutely right, for cultural change to occur it can't just come from developers, developers pushing for it doesn't work if the people in charge aren't interested.
Equally though, console manufacturers or publishers pushing for it doesn't work if the people actually doing the work aren't interested or don't know how (I've seen that first hand unfortunately). Coming from multiple directions (legal and financial pressure as well as top-down and bottom-up pushing for it) it becomes much much easier, so when raising awareness we need to hit both ends of the spectrum.