[games_access] Request for help...

Barrie Ellis oneswitch at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 09:12:00 EDT 2012

Recently received this request...

I am writing an article about accessibility in mainstream games for blind gamers. I have been talking to some gamers who are completely blind that play a variety of mainstream video games, but particularly 2D fighting and rhythm action titles.

They have pointed out how strong audio cues and accessible menus can help open up other mainstream games for them. I am really interested in whether the game industry is aware of this community of players, and whether accessibility for the visually impaired is something that features in the game design process. David was kind enough to respond to me, and EA have passed an enquiry on to the Star Wars team.

I'm sure there are some games out there with deliberate accessibility features, but I can't remember them. Can anyone help?

Best wishes all,

Barrie