[games_access] Whinge and whine

Steve Spohn steve at ablegamers.com
Mon Mar 26 13:04:32 EDT 2012

I want to thank all those who saw the forest through the trees on the
subject.

To Barrie: You and I have had many discussions about SIG, AG and SE - I
truly believe if you wanted to ask about that one second line in an overall
video you would have e-mailed me personally and not blasted it to the sig.
it's difficult for me to believe that you were not just stirring the pot.

Here's the thing. Nine months ago SpecialEffect and ablegamers were going to
collaborate on exactly what you are talking about. A set of guidelines that
would be on a third-party neutral website that would send people to both of
our websites and at the same time allow us to point developers to a neutral
ground explaining the W3C accessibility type standards. We were going to
design this and then bring it to sig for suggestions and then post it for
the world to see. Nine months later, the ball is still in your court and we
are still waiting for you to get back to Mark on this project.

As far as I understand, in the meantime, you have started up your own
website to do what ablegamers is already doing, review mainstream games. So
once again, instead of collaborating, we will be at odds.

Why can everyone not work together towards the same goal? If we would all
take a single task in the movement we would be so much stronger. To quote
the great Roman philosophy "We are not a single clenched fist. We are but
fingers wiggling free without being set to single purpose."

Set mind to single purpose!

Steve Spohn
Editor-In-Chief
The AbleGamers Foundation