[games_access] JVA2012 - Accessible game design contest

Jerome Dupire dupire at cnam.fr
Thu May 31 14:34:23 EDT 2012

Hi everyone,

I want to share an (French...) on-going event: the accessible game
design contest "JVA2012" that I organised, along with a scientific
conference on technical aids for impaired people
(http://handicap2012.cnam.fr)

A call for participation was made at the end of 2011.
Finally, 16 teams reached the deadline (May, 17th) with a prototype.
A jury rated the games and voted for the 5 best ones on Thursday, 24th
of this month.
The first of them wins the Jury's Prize. It's a game called "Evil Blind
Mutant Monster Attack"
Here are the results:http://handicap2012.cnam.fr/?page=concours  (in
French...). The winning game is available for free download.

These 5 finalists are still fighting for the "Public's Prize"
They will be available for the public on 3 sites near Paris during June.
You can find all the informations about this on the previous page (still
in French...sorry)
If you are near or in Paris, France please come and visit us !

This was ( is ) the first attempt for this contest.
I want to make it happen every year from now.
Of course, the next edition will be (truely) international with a call
for participation and a dedicated website available in different langages.

Please keep this event in mind for 2013 !

Regards,

Jerome Dupire, Ph.D.
CNAM - CEDRIC - ILJ
292, rue St Martin