[games_access] south paw, ergonimic mouse?

Tess Snider this at malkyne.org
Sat Sep 21 18:34:29 EDT 2013

On Sat, Sep 21, 2013 at 5:21 PM, Tess Snider <this at malkyne.org> wrote:

> Yes, I have used two of them:

Oh yeah, and the extra-extra-extra cool thing about both of those mouse
models?  They are *hardware*-left-handed, instead of depending on your
computer's system Mouse settings.  This has multiple benefits:

1.)  You can plug-in, and instantly turn anyone's computer into a lefty
computer.

2.)  You can use your mouse just fine during that awkward period during
startup, before the system loads up your mouse preferences.

3.)  Even if a game developer was a total goomba, and didn't support
lefty-mousing properly, your lefty mouse will work just fine.

As a game developer, I first started buying these because I sometimes
worked on teams that didn't think it was important to put in left-mouse
support until the end of the project.  Rather than struggle with learning
the whole game backwards for years, it was easier to just plug in a
hardware-leftie, and level the playing field.

Tess