[games_access] Looking for feedback

Ian Hamilton i_h at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 19 18:48:51 EDT 2015

I'd love to see more effort put into contrast, for visuals in general as well as text. I haven't seen many examples of high contrast options, but it's only making more and more sense now that people are more commonly viewing on a wider range of screens in a wider range of environments, and for lots of games it's a really trivial thing to do.
It took this developer a total of around an hour to implement his mode, it's just a rectangle sitting between foreground and background that can be tinted from transparent all the way to fully black or fully white:
http://epicericgame.com/post/66180215279/just-added-a-setting-to-epic-eric-allowing-players
A couple of other recent examples are My Ex Boyfriend the Space Tyrant, which goes for a straightforward on/off toggle of a mostly opaque black rectangle between background and foreground, and A City Sleeps, which does the same, but they also manually tweaked the colour of all of the foreground elements too.
Even just a decent default (i.e. snook.ca/technical/colour_contrast/colour.html) would be nice.
Ian