[games_access] Presentations up on the GDC Vault

Tara Voelker tvoelker at igda-gasig.org
Tue Mar 31 17:28:50 EDT 2015

Hi All!

The GDC presentations that Thomas, Richard, Ian and I did are up on the GDC
vault - for free!

No password needed. No everyone who was unable to attend can check out what
we did. :D

*Building a Manifesto for Game Accessibility*

The first talk is a panel on game accessibility initiatives by all of us.
It breaks down like this:

http://www.gdcvault.com/play/1021849/Building-a-Manifesto-for-Game

   -  Introduction on Game Accessibility
   -  Introduction to IGDA Game Accessibility SIG
   - Panelist highlight previous initiatives they feel were important
   - Review of a survey of gamers and what they thought would be important
   next steps
   -  Panelist highlight what they think should be done next
   - Questions

*No More Excuses, Your Guide to Accessible Game Design*

The second talk is on accessibility game design, done by just me.

http://www.gdcvault.com/play/1022172/No-More-Excuses-Your-Guide

   - Start with an introduction on game accessibility
   - Talk about the number of gamers with disabilities and why you should
   engage them
   - Review of 14 features “most bang for your buck” features to increase
   your accessibility
   -  Resources

Thanks!
Tara