[games_access] Making Websites and Web Content Marked for Proper Accessibility especially for screen readers

Chad Philip Johnson chad at anacronist.com
Wed Mar 23 00:21:21 EDT 2016

Yeah, I can understand how it would be faster in many cases to just copy
and paste.  That said, I think it would be a worthwhile exercise for
people to try browsing the Internet for a day or two using only Lynx.  I
did it because I was tired of all the unnecessary garbage that is thrown
in webpages, and also because it allowed me to stay in the Linux
terminal when looking something up on the Internet.

For everyday computer users, it would be ideal if all websites supported
a text-only mode for providing just the important information contained
within a site.  But this approach is not very popular since it means
turning off advertisements and such--it's hard to sell knick-knacks
without a fancy attention-grabbing graphic.

Here's an article I just found about Lynx and browser accessibility with
a quick Google search:
http://chronicle.com/blogs/profhacker/using-lynx-to-test-modern-websites-for-accessibility/31731

Chad Philip Johnson
Anacronist Software