[games_access] Xbox One "Co-Pilot"

Barrie Ellis barrie.ellis at oneswitch.org.uk
Tue Jan 24 15:03:34 EST 2017

On the Co-Pilot front though, I think it's really important to offer some
versatile remapping. Something leaning towards what you can do with a Titan
One at a basic level would be incredibly enabling. So...

1. Individual adjustment over stick and trigger dead-zones and sensitivity.
2. Remapping of controls across the board (anything to anything - with some
thought to analogue/digital issues).
3. Extra features, such as "turbo", latching, binding, cycling, profile
shifting.
4. Profiles.
5. A system of passing through this information to games in a transparent
code package. Something to help games know what control to ask the player
to press (think of a QTE flashing up "A" but you've actually remapped that
to the d-pad down...
6. Vibration adjustment (from off, soft to full with some graduation -
maybe short bursts would be handy too - or LED flash
alternative/supplement).

That's asking a lot, so any stepping stones towards that would be hugely
appreciated.

Barrie