[Jokes4u] Chicken footballer

Steve Bailey SGBailey at iee.org
Thu Jun 2 18:35:01 EDT 2005

A SUNDAY league football team is so desperate for players that one
Sunday they are forced to play with a chicken in their team.

Surprisingly, the chicken has a brilliant first half. One minute it's
clearing off its own line, the next putting in a perfect cross.

At half time all the team mates are very pleased and everyone runs back
onto the pitch for the second half.

On the way the ref starts chatting to the chicken. `Great first half
mate.

'Thanks,' replies the chicken, `I try to keep myself fit. It's difficult
finding time, but I do an hour in the gym each morning before work.

`What do you do?' asks the ref.

`I'm a chartered accountant,' comes the reply. At which point the
referee brandishes the red card and sends the chicken off.

The bemused team mates gather round and start complaining to the
referee.

`Sorry lads, says the referee, `I had no choice. Professional fowl.'