[Jokes4u] My favourite things

Steve Bailey SGBailey at iee.org
Fri Apr 6 05:11:18 EDT 2007

Julie Andrews turned 69 & to commemorate her birthday on October 1st,
actress/vocalist, Julie Andrews made a special appearance
at Manhattan's Radio City Music Hall for the benefit of the AARP.

One of the musical numbers she performed was "My Favourite Things"
from the legendary movie "Sound Of Music". Here are the lyrics she
used:

~~~~~~

Maalox & nose drops & needles for knitting,
Walkers & handrails & new dental fittings,
Bundles of magazines tied up in string,
These are a few of my favourite things.

Cadillacs & cataracts, & hearing aids & glasses,
Polident & Fixodent & false teeth in glasses,
Pacemakers, golf carts & porches with swings,
These are a few of my favourite things.

When the pipes leak,
When the bones creak,
When the knees go bad,
I simply remember my favourite things,
And then I don't feel so bad.

Hot tea & crumpets & corn pads for bunions,
No spicy hot food or food cooked with onions,
Bathrobes & heating pads & hot meals they bring,
These are a few of my favourite things.

Back pains, confused brains, & no need for sinnin',
Thin bones & fractures & hair that is thinnin',
And we won't mention our short shrunken frames,
when we remember our favourite things.

When the joints ache,
When the hips break,
When the eyes grow dim,
Then remember the great life I've had,
And then I don't feel so bad.

~~~~~~

(Ms. Andrews received a standing ovation from the crowd that lasted
over 4 minutes & repeated encores.) Please share Ms. Andrews'
clever wit & humor with others who would appreciate it.