[MacLoggerContest] Spaces - Theological and Otherwise

James R. Duffey JamesDuffey at comcast.net
Wed Mar 16 22:08:51 EST 2005

There are times when an extra pause (space) is useful in sending a contest
exchange.

For instance when I (or my keyer or computer) send my section, NM, with
normal spacing, that is a letter space between the letters, it is often
copieed as  Y and I get a ? or agn. If I insert an extra space or two
between the N and M I seldom get a request for repeat.

I suppose this is not a problem when I generate my own exchange with the
spaces inserted by me and not the machine. However, it could be a problem
when the program compiles the exchange from a preferences panel. It will
generate a single space between the N and M automatically, but if I try to
put N M into the sec space instead of NM it tells me it is an invalid
section or state.

Now that I have posted it, I realise now that this is a nit, so I apoligize.
But it is a feature that someone should put on a postit note where they can
see it in when it is time for REV 2.

Angels don't dance on the head of a pin, they dance at Studio 54. - Duffey
--
James R. Duffey KK6MC/5
Cedar Crest NM 87008 DM65