[MacLoggerContest] Re: MacLoggerContest Digest, Vol 4, Issue 3

Don Agro dagro at dogparksoftware.com
Sun Jul 31 19:20:28 EDT 2005

On 31-Jul-05, at 7:10 PM, David Ferrington wrote:

> Ok, so I'm assuming STX is the sent serial number and SRX is
> received serial
> number.
> Since you have 'RST S' and 'RST R', would it not be more consistent
> to have
> 'SNo S' and 'SNo R'  or perhaps 'Ser S' and 'Ser R' ?

Perhaps, but they are named after the ADIF specification keywords.

> Also, since in most contests (limited number I've seen anyway), the
> RST both
> sent and received is nearly always 59, would it not be possible to
> tab from
> call, directly to 'SRX'?

For contesters, but not for anyone actually interested in giving and
receiving an honest signal report.

> These normally being the only 2 fields required if everything else
> is filled
> in from previous values or radio.
> This may either require a change of field position or perhaps an
> option to
> change tab order?

Which Mac applications have you seen with a Tab Order Editor built in ?

> I'm assuming STX is sent serial number, but this does not appear to
> increase
> with each logged QSO, can you increment the number after a QSO is
> logged, so
> its there ready to tell the contact what the number is?
> Even better, provide a popup with this number in large letters so
> its easy
> to read off, or perhaps embolden the number.
>
> Also, looks to me like you add additional leading zeros if I enter
> 001 as
> the first number, but 6 digits is too wide for the field to display?

73 Don Agro VE3VRW

D o g   P a r k   S o f t w a r e   L t d .

email: dagro at dogparksoftware.com
   www: http://www.dogparksoftware.com
     iChat AV:dogpark at mac.com