[MacLoggerContest] [DogParkList] MacLoggerDX V5 for Cocoa 5.01b3

Jonathan G0DVJ g0dvj at amsat.org
Thu Feb 19 11:04:30 EST 2009

In terms of what else would be useful in the contest helper window ...
a simple traffic light or status line indicator of whether the call
typed is a new DXCC, new IOTA, new Zone (ITU/CQ) since the same
criteria already used for the dupe check (i.e. date and time plus
optional same band) so can see at a glance if the station you hear is
of higher value (can just ignore it in contests where there are no
mults).

My previous post was typed very quick so apologies if it wasnt very
clear about the link between SCP and Dupe check. Happy to try to
explain better if needed!

J.
--

On Feb 19, 2009, at 3:54 pm, Jonathan G0DVJ wrote:

> Have moved this thread for fear of driving folk away again !

> My 2c/2p worth

> Best not to confuse the purpose of each SCP and Dupe checks in

> contests ...

> Dupe Check needs to flag as soon as you type a call whether it has

> been worked in this event (i.e. since/limited time/date) and

> optionally (maybe a checkbox) on the same band.

> SCP needs to match calls from K5ZD's database as you type a call so

> that when so many call you or condx are difficult, you can make a

> better judged guess at what the full call is... just as it did in

> v4. SCP doesnt need options for limiting by band/date/time

> although it would be nice to highlight/color matches that have

> already been worked on another band according to the Dupe Check

> (above) If and only If the checkbox has not been marked to say that

> it wouldnt be a dupe. i.e. there is more chance you will match a

> call with someone you already worked on another band than with the

> entire database!

> HTH

> J.

> Begin forwarded message:

>> From: "David Ferrington, M0XDF" <M0XDF at Alphadene.co.uk>

>> Date: February 19, 2009 3:08:45 pm GMT

>> To: Don Agro <dagro at dogparksoftware.com>

>> Subject: Re: [DogParkList] MacLoggerDX V5 for Cocoa 5.01b3

>> Well, when looking for dups in a contest, not having a lot of chaff

>> from previous contest or different bands helps a lot in spotting a

>> call.

>> The setup in v4 was pretty good

>> 73 de M0XDF, MLDXv5.01b3

>> --

>> Ok, so what's the speed of Dark?

>>> Possibly, which is more useful or more used ? I'm trying to keep

>>> the interface as simple as possible.

>>> Don't forget you can now sort the partial call list in the Contest

>>> Helper Window by date or by band or by call.

>>> Any other fields that would be useful in the partial call list ?

>>> 73 Don Agro VE3VRW