[MacLoggerContest] Musings on the Contest Panel

Don Agro dagro at dogparksoftware.com
Tue Jan 26 10:08:20 EST 2010

Hi David,

On 2010-01-22, at 2:37 PM, Don Agro wrote:

> On 2010-01-19, at 7:03 PM, David Ferrington, M0XDF wrote:

>> Ideally, 'Return' would perform a Log QSO and Clear Fields when all the visible fields are non-blank, return not being needed for lookup, because people don't lookup during a contest (well not often and that could be a pref setting), and a second option would be to allow that to focus VFO too - but then that really is very much a personal thing.

>> Don and I have been through that one and I don't think it's going to happen, but hears hoping!

> One thing we could look at is making these things scriptable so that you could configure the sequence any way you want and then attach the script to a function key.

-- This will "Log QSO and Clear Fields" and then "Focus VFO"...
-- Must first "Enable access for Assistive devices" in "Universal Access" System Preferences

tell application "MacLoggerDX"

activate

tell application "System Events"
tell process "MacLoggerDX"
tell menu bar 1
tell menu "Log"
click menu item "Log QSO and Clear Fields"
end tell
end tell
end tell

tell process "MacLoggerDX"