[MacLoggerContest] Unassisted Contesting Questions

David Kaplan dhkaplan at mac.com
Tue Mar 8 12:25:14 EST 2011

I entered the ARRL DX contest last weekend, as a single-op unassisted.

According to Sean, manager of the ARRL Contest Branch, operating unassisted means no lookups, which was easy. All I did was disable the QRZ.com online lookup.

However, using the Contest Helper panel gave me a problem. The dups were great, but I could not stop the K5ZD lookups... both check boxes, "Lookup" and "Display QSO" had no function I could find.

Both dups AND contesters calls appeared with the boxes unchecked.

Also, the flags continued to appear where the QSLs would have shown up, giving me the country name.

1) Am I misunderstanding something about the boxes on the contest helper panel
2) Any way to stop the flags?

That would make me truly unassisted.

Thanks.

73,