[PAGID] A possible SCID variant?

Luigi Notarangelo notarang at med.unibs.it
Thu Jul 7 12:21:34 EDT 2005

Dear Lisa:

we have seen several cases of patients who resembled Omenn, but had B cells
and/or did not show eosinophilia.
However, their clinical course tends to be severe, and -based on this and
on the immunological phenotype- we usually perform BMT in such cases,
the very same way we do for Omenns.
If you are interested we test for ZAP-70, however I must say that none of
our cases (some of which had very low CD8) was Zap70-deficient.
Have you tested for the CD4 clonality? Is this an oligoclonal population (I
would imagine so)? Do they co-express CD45R0 as opposed to RA?

Sincerely

Luigi D. Notarangelo
Department of Pediatrics
University of Brescia