[PAGID] patient

Christine Seroogy cmseroogy at wisc.edu
Thu Oct 20 09:40:53 EDT 2005

Dear Colleagues,

I was asked to comment on the possibility of an underlying
immunodeficiency by one of our hematologists and would like any
opinions.

This is a previously healthy 8 y/o boy with onset of bruising 2 months
ago which prompted referral to the hematologist.  Peripheral blood
revealed thrombocytopenia, anemia, and lymphopenia. Neutrophil and
monocyte numbers normal. His bone marrow at the time was hypocellular
with rare megas, no blasts, normal cytogenetics, absence of fibrosis.
Since then his platelet count has stabilized at 30K, hemoglobin 11.1,
and his ALC remains very low (339).  Flow on his peripheral blood:
Absolute CD4 26, Absolute CD8 69, Absolute NK 20, normal CD19 numbers.
Quantitative Igs normal, HIV neg., parvo/CMV/EBV neg, ANA neg.  PNH
eval. neg and Fanconi's pending, T cell function pending, functional
antibody levels pending.

Thank you for your consideration and any thoughts.

Chris Seroogy, M.D.
Assistant Professor
Dept. of Pediatrics
Mail:  H4/474 CSC, Mailstop 4108