[PAGID] CVID with absent IgG

Dewton de Moraes Vasconcelos dmvascon at usp.br
Tue Dec 6 12:04:41 EST 2005

Dear Dr. Kumar

Due to the fact that the main manifestations were upper and lower
respiratory infections I would think mainly in adaptive or innate
humoral (specific polysaccharide antibody deficiency or IgG subclass
deficiencies) or complement deficiencies, even MBL/MASP. NEMO deficiency
is also possible, as you already thought, but we don't know about
ectodermal dysplasia. IRAK-4 deficiency is less probable, as the patient
apparently didn't improve over time.
I think it is also important to think about the possibility of TAP
deficiencies, as they are relatively benign and present mainly
respiratory features (besides necrotizing granulomatous skin lesions).

Good luck with the patient,

Dewton