[PAGID] siblings with possible APECED and lung disease

Charles.Kirkpatrick at UCHSC.edu Charles.Kirkpatrick at UCHSC.edu
Thu Dec 22 15:03:58 EST 2005

It is not rare for patients with chronic mucocutaneous candidiasis to have chronic progressive lung disease.  Some of these patients also have antibody deficiencies as well as the well known defects in cellular immunity.  I am aware of 4 or 5 patients who have "progressed" to a disorder that is like CVID (hypogammaglobulinemia and deficient antibody responses).  There are several papers that also describe IgG subclass abnormalities, deficient antibody production and progressive lung disease in this population. They may benefit from immune globulin replacement.

Charles Kirkpatrick, M.D.
Dept. of Medicine
Univ. of Colorado Health Sciences Center

-----Original Message-----
From: pagid-bounces at clinimmsoc.org [mailto:pagid-bounces at clinimmsoc.org] On Behalf Of Jennifer.Barker at uchsc.edu
Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2005 9:40 AM
To: pagid at clinimmsoc.org
Subject: RE: [PAGID] siblings with possible APECED and lung disease

thanks
I will forward the information to the physician involved.

Jennifer M. Barker, MD
Instructor in Pediatrics
Barbara Davis Center
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this message is legally privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the individual or organization to whom it is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or the agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this e-mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the author immediately by replying to this message and delete the original message. Thank you.