[PAGID] IFN-gamma

Christine Seroogy CMSEROOGY at wisc.edu
Wed Mar 22 18:57:40 EST 2006

Hi,

I would like to hear people's opinions about the use of IFN-g in the
setting of acute infection in CGD patients.  We have a newly
diagnosed 2.5 year boy who presented with aspergillus pneumonia.  His
DHR looks like gp91 but Mom's DHR was completely normal and molecular
diagnosis is pending.  He clinically has been very stable despite a
terrible looking lung CT (one month into therapy).  We have confirmed
aspergillus and now have sensitivities and will be treating him with
voriconazole and caspofungin IV.

He has never been on IFN-g and the opinions I have received thus far
are mixed.

Thanks for any input.  Chris