[PAGID] PID related tumors

dmvascon at usp.br dmvascon at usp.br
Mon Jun 5 17:18:21 EDT 2006

Dear Andy

We have seen in our cohort of primary immunodeficiency disorders several tumors
that are "expected" to occur in PID patients as well as some that are not so
common.

EBV positive B cell Non-Hodgkin lymphoma in 2 patients with primary CD4
lymphocytopenia (1 nodal, 1 extra nodal - primary of lung with first metastasis
in brain).

Hodgkin lymphoma in a CVID patient, treated and in complete remission when he
had an epidermoid carcinoma of the eye, leading to death.

Hodgkin's lymphoma as the final event in a CD3 epsilon deficient patient.

Acute myeloid leukemia in a partial CD18 deficient patient.

Chronic myeloid leukemia followed by an AML in a dominant negative
Interferon-gamma receptor alpha deficiency.

A primary colon adenocarcinoma in a Bloom's syndrome patient.

Several squamous, basal cell and even some melanomas in xeroderma pigmentosum
patients (one of them presented also a non-Hodgkin lymphoma).

As far as I remember that's all

All the best

Dewton

Dewton de Moraes Vasconcelos, MD, PhD
Primary Immunodeficiencies Outpatient Unit - ADEE3003
Department of Dermatology
University of Sao Paulo Medical School