[PAGID] PID related tumors

Charles.Kirkpatrick at UCHSC.edu Charles.Kirkpatrick at UCHSC.edu
Wed Jun 7 17:00:39 EDT 2006

Andy:  Some time ago, I started to review tumors in patients with
mucocutaneous candidiasis.  I have not gone back to the data for
detailed information, but there were 2 patients with esophageal tumors.
There are a number of patients with mucocutaneous cadidiasis who also
had thymomas.  You are probably aware of the recent report of HHV-8
(including a patient with a lymphoma) in patients with CVID.

Chuck

-----Original Message-----
From: pagid-bounces at clinimmsoc.org [mailto:pagid-bounces at clinimmsoc.org]
On Behalf Of Saxon, Andy M.D.
Sent: Sunday, June 04, 2006 8:47 AM
To: PAGID (E-mail)
Subject: [PAGID] PID related tumors

What is the feeling out there as to malignancies, other than
hematopoetic
cancers (e.g. lymphoma, leukemias) and thymoma that are clearly
increased in
PID;

I'd love to get the impute from a lot of you on this

? Skin	Basal Cell
	Melanoma
	Squamous Cell

?GI	Gastric (assoc with atrophic gastritis in CVID)

? Others
	Cervix ?
	Breast?
	Testicular?
	Kidney
	Prostate?
	Colon?

Thanks

Andy Saxon, MD
UCLA

IMPORTANT WARNING:  This email (and any attachments) is only intended
for the use of the person or entity to which it is addressed, and may
contain information that is privileged and confidential.  You, the
recipient, are obligated to maintain it in a safe, secure and
confidential manner.  Unauthorized redisclosure or failure to maintain
confidentiality may subject you to federal and state penalties. If you
are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify us by return
email, and delete this message from your computer.