[PAGID] (no subject)

Richard Hong rhong at uvm.edu
Sun Aug 6 07:45:39 EDT 2006

John

What kind of anemia is it? A primary red cell aplasia is often a sign of T
cell abnormality.
If she is losing a lot of goodies via the gut she should have
hypoalbuminemia; transferrin is really the best protein measure for GI loss,
however.
I'm impressed that she has reasonable amounts of IgA and IgM in the face of
the low IgG. That is a strange pattern. Still she seems to have NO response
to any of the antigens. Why? Did you do mitogenic and mixed leukocyte
suggest that she has the immunocytes but they are not in an environment
supporting their function.
Don't keep up with all of the newer varieties of enzyme defects, but is
there something new in the area of the ADA, PNP type of metabolic causes?

Dick Hong
University of Vermont