[PAGID] update on EBV patient

Berger, Melvin Melvin.Berger at UHhospitals.org
Thu Oct 26 11:22:47 EDT 2006

The only consolation I can offer is that our kid responded wvery well,
and seemingly completely, to R-CHOP, and is now back in school.

Mel Berger

-----Original Message-----
From: pagid-bounces at list.clinimmsoc.org
[mailto:pagid-bounces at list.clinimmsoc.org] On Behalf Of Ashish Kumar
Sent: Thursday, October 26, 2006 9:16 AM
To: pagid at list.clinimmsoc.org
Cc: 'Cohen, Jeffrey (NIH/NIAID) [E]'
Subject: [PAGID] update on EBV patient

Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse, Melvin Berger's
prediction turns true - my 23 year old with EBV has a huge gastric
tumor,
infiltrating the entire stomach wall. This was found on a quick bedside
upper GI endoscopy. We don't know where else she might have disease,
since
she is too unstable to get a CT scan. We are proceeding with Rituximab
combined with EPOCH.

Ashish Kumar M.D., Ph. D.
Assistant Professor
Pediatric Hematology/Oncology/Blood and Marrow Transplantation
University of Minnesota

     CELEBRATING 140 YEARS of Caring for Cleveland.

The enclosed information is STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL and is intended for the use of the addressee only. University Hospitals and its affiliates disclaim any responsibility for unauthorized disclosure of this information to anyone other than the addressee.

Federal and Ohio law protect patient medical information, including psychiatric_disorders, (H.I.V) test results, A.I.Ds-related conditions, alcohol, and/or drug_dependence or abuse disclosed in this email. Federal regulation (42 CFR Part 2) and Ohio Revised Code section 5122.31 and 3701.243 prohibit disclosure of this information without the specific written consent of the person to whom it pertains, or as otherwise permitted by law.