[PAGID] IVIG and acute renal failure

Charles.Kirkpatrick at UCHSC.edu Charles.Kirkpatrick at UCHSC.edu
Wed Feb 28 11:12:04 EST 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: pagid-bounces at list.clinimmsoc.org
[mailto:pagid-bounces at list.clinimmsoc.org] On Behalf Of
Charles.Kirkpatrick at uchsc.edu
Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2007 8:27 AM
To: pagid at list.clinimmsoc.org
Subject: Re: [PAGID] IVIG and acute renal failure

Howard, I now have 20 patients receiving IgG subcutaneously. We do
random IgG, ALT and creatinine assays at approximately 6 month
intervals. None of the creatinines have been abnormal during the 8
years that we have been using more SQ IgG. The average duration of
treatment is over 4 years.

On the other hand, one patient with known chronic renal disease who had
a stable creatinine of 3.0 while on IV Gamunex received one infusion of
Polygam because of a shortage of Gamunex. Her creatinine went to 6.5
and she was dialyzed for about a month before the renal function
recovered (creatinine 3.5). During the past 2 years the kidney function
has slowly deteriorated and she is back on dialysis.

Chuck