[PAGID] Pneumocystis in HIGM

Dewton dmvascon at usp.br
Fri Jul 6 09:06:55 EDT 2007

Dear Lisa

Some time ago we had a similar problem with a primary CD4
lymphocytopenia patient with relapsing pneumocystosis who presented
associated hemolytic anemia due to sulphonamides and didn´t respond to
pentamidine.
We treated him with clindamycin and primaquine with an adequate clinical
response.

All the best

Dewton Vasconcelos, MD, PhD
University of Sao Paulo Medical School