[PAGID] Puzzling patient with high normal IgG levels but no antibody responses to vaccines

HOWARD M LEDERMAN hlederm1 at jhmi.edu
Thu Jul 12 15:59:35 EDT 2007

Ashish and Troy,

If I understand this correctly, your case is different from ours in that the IgG level was below normal. Our case has an IgG level >1000 with NO antibody. If only a few B cells slipped through because of a Btk point mutation, I think I would have expected a low IgG level and perhaps an oligoclonal gammopathy.

Howard M. Lederman, M.D., Ph.D.
Professor of Pediatrics and Medicine
Division of Pediatric Allergy and Immunology
Johns Hopkins Hospital - CMSC 1102
600 N. Wolfe Street
Baltimore, MD 21287-3923
Phone: 410-955-5883