[PAGID] Hyper IgE therapy?

Saxon, Andy M.D. ASaxon at mednet.ucla.edu
Sat Sep 15 22:15:28 EDT 2007

Thanks for the input on BMT. Unfortunately he died from overwhelming sepsis with DIC the next day I have not tracked down the proof he actually had HIES much less if he had a Stat3 mutation On checking what I could, he carried diagnosis of HIES with an IgE of 10,000 IU/mL but his infections were almost all localized to his lower extremities and consisted of severe burrowing ulcers. He did not have a history of pulmonary or bone or internal "abcesses" as best I know at this point. His legs did not look like pyoderma gangranosa but more like hydradenitis supppertiva (which is clearly was not).

I hope to get more information from the immunology doctor who took care of him as a youngster before he was lost to them.

Andy Saxon, UCLA