[PAGID] It's nearly influenza time

Lisa Kobrynski, MD, MPH lkobryn at emory.edu
Thu Oct 25 19:12:22 EDT 2007

I have not been routinely vaccinating these patients, but I am starting to think
about it.
I usually give everyone a prescription for Tamiflu and instructions on when to
start it (including notifying us so we can followup). Our ID folks are very
reluctant to advise season-long prophylaxis so we have not done that here.

I do advocate that the rest of the household (parents and siblings) get the
subvirion vaccine (not the live vaccine).

Lisa

Lisa Kobrynski, MD, MPH
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
Division of Allergy and Immunology