[PAGID] WAS and CD8

Jack Bleesing Jack.Bleesing at cchmc.org
Thu Jan 10 13:42:21 EST 2008

Ditto in our post-BMT population. Lisa is reviewing our results in WAS-BMT.

JB

Jack J.H. Bleesing, M.D., Ph.D.
Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Division of Hematology/Oncology
3333 Burnet Avenue, MLC 7015
Cincinnati, OH 45229
513-636-4266 (phone)
513-636-3549 (fax)
Jack.Bleesing at CCHMC.org
http://www.cincinnatichildrens.org/immunodeficiencies/

>>> "Luigi Notarangelo" <luigi.notarangelo at childrens.harvard.edu> 1/10/2008 1:38:30 PM >>>

Jack:

Also all of my WAS have the same phenotype. Not only that, but patients with
WAS who attain a mixed chimerism after SCT tend to have optimal
reconstitution with donor-derived T cells in the CD8 compartment. So, it
looks that WASP plays a role in CD8 T cells development and/or survival.

Luigi Notarangelo

Luigi D. Notarangelo, M.D.
Director, Research and Molecular Diagnosis Program on Primary
Immunodeficiencies
Division of Immunology, Children's Hospital
Professor of Pediatrics and Pathology, Harvard Medical School
Karp Building, 9th floor, Rm 09210
1 Blackfan Circle
Boston, MA 02115
USA