[PAGID] IPEX like 7 month old

Luigi Notarangelo luigi.notarangelo at childrens.harvard.edu
Thu Jan 10 13:58:38 EST 2008

Jack,

You are probably right, however I think there are still too few data in this
regard.
However, one important point is that also for nTRegs one should probably
look at absolute numbers. I am currently studying a mouse model of
hypomorphic lig4 deficiency, in which thymic output is obviously severely
reduced, but the ability to generate Foxp3+ T cells in the thymus is spared,
if measured as a fraction of CD4 SP thymocytes (but is markedly reduced if
absolute numbers are considered). However, as I said, I don't think there
are enough data (neither in mice or in humans) there to support the number
of Foxp3+ T cells as a measure of thymic output.

Luigi D. Notarangelo