[PAGID] CGD patient

Steven Holland sholland at mail.nih.gov
Fri Mar 28 01:04:04 EDT 2008

Beatriz,

I would encourage you NOT to use infliximab. We have used it and although it
is very good for the inflammation it seriously predisposes to infections.
Each of our patients in whim we have used it has developed a serious
infection, and in one case it contributed to death, and in 2 others
precipitated colostomy. Just keep doing the normal things and be sure that
she is really absorbing the itraconazole and Imuran. Check levels and be
sure that she is absorbing what you are giving. What is her genotype? Is she
a 47?

Steve
Steven M. Holland, MD
Chief, Laboratory of Clinical Infectious Diseases
NIAID, NIH
CRC B3-4141 MSC 1684
Bethesda, MD 20892-1684
301-402-7684 voice