[PAGID] DTH skin testing

Marc Riedl mriedl at mednet.ucla.edu
Thu Apr 3 15:33:06 EDT 2008

We conduct a fair amount of DTH testing at UCLA both for immunologic
evaluation and TB screening. Recently, fluid tetanus toxoid became
unavailable in the U.S. as Sanofi will only continue production of the
alum-adsorbed preparation. This leaves Candida and trichophyton as the only
available standard controls for delayed-type hypersensitivity skin testing.
I wondered if the group had suggestions or strategies for dealing with this
issue.

Thanks,

Marc

Marc Riedl, M.D., M.S.
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Section Head, Clinical Immunology and Allergy
UCLA - David Geffen School of Medicine
10833 Le Conte Ave, 37-131 CHS
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1680
Tel 310.206.4345 Fax 310.267.0090

IMPORTANT WARNING: This email (and any attachments) is only intended for the use of the person or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. You, the recipient, are obligated to maintain it in a safe, secure and confidential manner. Unauthorized redisclosure or failure to maintain confidentiality may subject you to federal and state penalties. If you are not the recipient, please immediately notify us by return email, and delete this message from your computer.